The following post was originally issued to TLS members on the morning of January 28, 2022.
Should be an interesting day…
Expect fireworks today — and potentially a key short-term low (although, that would be unusual for a Friday). To start off the day, we have covered part of our gold miners hedge we put on late in the day yesterday:
- We covered (sold) 1/2 of our inverse (short) gold miners fund, DUST, near ~22.00
- *UPDATE: We covered (sold) the rest of our inverse (short) gold miners fund, DUST, near ~22.30*
- *UPDATE: We bought a small position in the large-cap pure growth fund, RPG, near ~168.98*
- *UPDATE: We bought a small position in the Russell 2000 fund, IWM, near ~189 (We are near the line in the sand that we were waiting for in the Russell 2000 ~1890/IWM ~188; this could be a catalyst for a substantial near-term turnaround…or perhaps not. Good luck to us all!)*
*UPDATE: Also shifting our Short-Term Outlook to Bullish a/o 9:45AM CST based on the Russell test.*
- *UPDATE: We sold 1/2 of our technology fund, XLK, near ~155.40*
- *UPDATE: We covered (sold) 1/2 of our inverse (short) oil & gas fund, DUG, near ~33.90*
- *UPDATE: We sold 1/2 of our health care fund, XLV, near ~130.44*
That’s all for now. Check back on this post throughout the day for further portfolio moves. And as always, stay tuned to our DSS posts for further developments — they provide the most current updates to our investment portfolio and outlook.
Disclaimer: JLFMI’s actual investment decisions are based on our proprietary models. Commentary provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as a recommendation to invest in any specific securities or according to any specific methodologies. Proper due diligence should be performed before investing in any investment vehicle. There is a risk of loss involved in all investments.