The following post was initially issued to TLS members on November 9, 2022:
The red wave…
With the U.S. election day past (though, who knows how long they’ll be counting votes??), it’s time to move on from the noise and focus on the data. Although, that’s what we always do anyway. So whether or not the “red wave” that some were calling for came to fruition or not, we need to trade the market we have — regardless of the narrative. As such, with our Risk Model now on a Buy signal, we are looking to add further long exposure. The “red wave” of selling this AM is providing an opportunity to do some of that:
- We added a new position in the energy fund, FXN, near ~18.88 (about ~2.5% exposure)
- *UPDATE: We covered (sold) 1/2 of our remaining position in the inverse innovation fund, SARK, near ~68.00 (about ~.5% short exposure now)*
- *UPDATE: We added to our position in the small-cap pure value fund, RZV, near ~89.60 (now about ~7.5% exposure– we only got partially filled on our buy order yesterday near the close)*
- *UPDATE: We added to our position in the energy fund, FXN, near ~18.29 (about ~5% exposure now)*
- *UPDATE: We added further to our position in the small-cap pure value fund, RZV, near ~88.49 (now about ~10% exposure)*
That’s all for now. Check back on this post throughout the day for further portfolio moves. And as always, stay tuned to our DSS posts for further developments — they provide the most current updates to our investment portfolio and outlook.
Disclaimer: JLFMI’s actual investment decisions are based on our proprietary models. Commentary provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as a recommendation to invest in any specific securities or according to any specific methodologies. Proper due diligence should be performed before investing in any investment vehicle. There is a risk of loss involved in all investments.